Curalin an answer yes or no

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
forgot to mention that i started my low carb diet approximately 8 months ago.
A very important piece of info. Firstly a drop of 0.3% in an HbA1c result is within the error margins for the test equipment, so is not actually proving the claim for Curalin. Your 7.4 average equates approx to that 6.3% HbA1c/ How many samples is that averaged over? If only a week or less, then will still be quite 'noisy' so will have larger fluctuations compared to say a monthly rolling average. Do you have any graphs or trend analyses to confirm that the drop is sustaining, which is what you need to verify the claim? You do seem to have introduced Metformin 500mg midway through your testing, and this will have an effect of between 0.5 and 1 mmol/l which in turn will drop your Hba1c by about 0.3%

I ask these questions because I too have experimented with most of the ingredients in curalin as single supplements, and have often felt that it had helped, only to find it was a mirage and actually due to other interactions with diet or circumstances I am actually in the middle of such a test myself, by using Gymnema Sylvestre to replace my Gliclazide. So far my sugars have risen a bit, but are coming down again. I suspect that I am changing my diet to compensate rather than the GS bedding down. Certainly, the last time I did a GS trial, there was no rise after I stopped it.

My experience so far is that there s a possibility that some of those ingredients can be acting as a purgative, and reducing insulin resistance which remains in place after the treatment ends. Similar principle to the Newcastle Diet but on a smaller scale. In the old days, we used to de-coke our pistons in the car wih Reddex for the same reason.

Reactions: jjraak

Dizzilexia

I have received the capsules, and have started taking it. I started 22 SEPT, 2 CAPS a day breakfast and Dinner. on the 15 sept, I took metformin 500mg as well in the morning , So far I am already getting good results, but It's too early to confirmed this as I am also in a LCHF diet (but not strickly low carb), I will keep you updated, next time I will do an excel file to show the readings properly.
Hi. How’s your results going so far?

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oldvatr
“Note: this list is commonly also found in many Indian curries and the supplement originated in India, which happens to have one of the highest concentrations of T2D.“

To clarify, they may also eat a lot of rice and nan bread
The point I was actually making is not that the diet causes T2D on a large scale, but rather that the prevalence of T2D in that country should have triggered more research by their scientists into these ingredients had they been shown to be effective. Apparently, they have not even trialed cinnamon, but the Chinese have instead (small benefit reported but not significant) So I repeat, if these ingredients were able to successfully treat T2D then Big Pharma would step in and collar the market. It is an important point that there are no proper research studies being carried out anywhere on this planet from what I can see. Bitter melon does seem to have a better track record though,

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But have you tried the actual product? Or only a similar supplement not curalin?
I have not tried Curalin. I do not believe their hype and the claims they are making, and I don't like their marketing strategy. Nuff said.