1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Curalin an answer yes or no

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Redrugbyexile_, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

A very important piece of info. Firstly a drop of 0.3% in an HbA1c result is within the error margins for the test equipment, so is not actually proving the claim for Curalin. Your 7.4 average equates approx to that 6.3% HbA1c/ How many samples is that averaged over? If only a week or less, then will still be quite 'noisy' so will have larger fluctuations compared to say a monthly rolling average. Do you have any graphs or trend analyses to confirm that the drop is sustaining, which is what you need to verify the claim? You do seem to have introduced Metformin 500mg midway through your testing, and this will have an effect of between 0.5 and 1 mmol/l which in turn will drop your Hba1c by about 0.3%

I ask these questions because I too have experimented with most of the ingredients in curalin as single supplements, and have often felt that it had helped, only to find it was a mirage and actually due to other interactions with diet or circumstances I am actually in the middle of such a test myself, by using Gymnema Sylvestre to replace my Gliclazide. So far my sugars have risen a bit, but are coming down again. I suspect that I am changing my diet to compensate rather than the GS bedding down. Certainly, the last time I did a GS trial, there was no rise after I stopped it.

My experience so far is that there s a possibility that some of those ingredients can be acting as a purgative, and reducing insulin resistance which remains in place after the treatment ends. Similar principle to the Newcastle Diet but on a smaller scale. In the old days, we used to de-coke our pistons in the car wih Reddex for the same reason.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dizzilexia

Dizzilexia · Newbie

Hi. How’s your results going so far?

3. Hba1c5.8

Hba1c5.8 Type 2 (in remission!) · Member

1 at lunch time, 2 at dinner time

4. Hba1c5.8

Hba1c5.8 Type 2 (in remission!) · Member

2 months ago, hba1c is 6.1, down from 6.4

• Like Like x 2
  5. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

The point I was actually making is not that the diet causes T2D on a large scale, but rather that the prevalence of T2D in that country should have triggered more research by their scientists into these ingredients had they been shown to be effective. Apparently, they have not even trialed cinnamon, but the Chinese have instead (small benefit reported but not significant) So I repeat, if these ingredients were able to successfully treat T2D then Big Pharma would step in and collar the market. It is an important point that there are no proper research studies being carried out anywhere on this planet from what I can see. Bitter melon does seem to have a better track record though,

6. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

I have not tried Curalin. I do not believe their hype and the claims they are making, and I don't like their marketing strategy. Nuff said.

7. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

@Hba1c5.8 How are you progressing? Is it helping and is it worth the expense?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook