Cure for Type 1 diabetes imminent

zoerice40

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
[QUOTE"Dillinger, post: 650034, member: 13582"]There is almost a truth in diabetic treatment breakthroughs that the major ones are always 10 years away. This, whilst exciting, seems to be as ever 10 years away.

That's not so bad; cold fusion is always 20 years away...

Best

Dillinger
There I[/QUOTE]
U talk alot of sense

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
It may not be in my lifetime, but if there could be a ' cure' for my granddaughter, as she grows up, well I would be chuffed to bits :happy: :joyful:

RRB

Reactions: 3 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
It may not be in my lifetime, but if there could be a ' cure' for my granddaughter, as she grows up, well I would be chuffed to bits :happy: :joyful:

RRB

My thoughts entirely RRB, it would be good if there was a cure of sorts in our time, but it would be even better if one day diabetes was confined to the history books and no child had to endure type 1 diabetes again.

Reactions: 5 people

marnzzia

I would say the biggest problem for any scientist to ever get a cure is obviously money related and the billions and billions of worldwide pharmaceutical industries and infrastructures that dominate this day and age would soon put a stop to a diabetic cure ever getting out there. They make so much money from us sadly. Ive been diabetic for over 17yrs and heard there are cures out there for a long long time now but its just nobody ever gets past the red tape put up. Its a sad world we live in. But I thank the scientist for trying. I wonder what other obsticles he has had to face behind the scenes??