Curry and Rice

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tonight I am having mayflower curry (carbs 8.3 per 100) and tilda wholegrain rice (carbs 23.5 per 100), just wondered wghat people think about the carb content and also if anyone has had this before and what reaction you got.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tonight I am having mayflower curry (carbs 8.3 per 100) and tilda wholegrain rice (carbs 23.5 per 100), just wondered wghat people think about the carb content and also if anyone has had this before and what reaction you got.

All you can do is test before and after (90 minutes and every half an hour after) and see how it affects you. Personally rice is a no-no for me.

sheepie123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have half a bag between me and my partner and the spikes arent too bad 7.1 back to 6.3 after 2 hours. Basal is 5.6 - 6.1

Reactions: kevkevkev

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All you can do is test before and after (90 minutes and every half an hour after) and see how it affects you. Personally rice is a no-no for me.
I haven't had rice for years so thought i'd try some wholegrain see how it affects me, miss curry and rice

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I cant tolerate rice so i use cauliflower rice instead. It works really well with curry. You can make your own or buy it ready made in supermarkets. And its relatively low carb.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I cant tolerate rice so i use cauliflower rice instead. It works really well with curry. You can make your own or buy it ready made in supermarkets. And its relatively low carb.
Mmm, Caulirice:hungry::joyful: