Cymbalta 60 me for major depression. Experiences?

kaup

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey.

I used to take cymbalta 60 me for major depression and stress 4 years ago. Only side effect were sweating and brain zaps when whitdrawing. I took cymbalta for 6 months and I had never felt better. When I quit I gradually become my old depressed self. Now I'm thinking of starting with cymbalta again. But I'm afraid of horrible side effects such as brain zaps. Should I be worried if cymbalta worked so well the first time?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
A quick google shows that this drug can raise bg levels.

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
Hey.

I used to take cymbalta 60 me for major depression and stress 4 years ago. Only side effect were sweating and brain zaps when whitdrawing. I took cymbalta for 6 months and I had never felt better. When I quit I gradually become my old depressed self. Now I'm thinking of starting with cymbalta again. But I'm afraid of horrible side effects such as brain zaps. Should I be worried if cymbalta worked so well the first time?

Hello there,

I was prescribed Cybalta (Duloxetine) 60mg about two years ago for GAD (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) It works really well (takes the edge off) the chronic anxiety that I suffer with daily and allows me to manage my day to day living.

Cybalta is also used for Diabetic Nerve Pain (Neuropathy) so I'm technically fighting two conditions with just this one tablet.

I have been on and off antidepressants for about 12 / 13 years but find this to be one of the best I have been prescribed for my GAD as it is actually licensed to be used for that specific condition.

It can take a long time finding a medication that works well for Depression / Anxiety so if you feel it worked for you when you were on it last I would suggest you have a talk with your GP and ask to have it prescribed again.

Also I have had no issues regarding it raising my sugar levels.

I do have to say though that I have had no "Brain Zaps" whilst I have been using them but then again I have not been taken off them so I can't really comment on the "withdrawal" that you talk about.

Rafat1981

I used cymbelta one pills only And I had changed In my body sensation, burning toung and eyes,
I start by effected by anticipation pills after
Quited resperdail

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's so difficult to balance what is good for your diabetes against what is good for other conditions or mental health, is there much point having excellent control of glucose levels if you are severely depressed to the point where you have difficulty surviving or do you settle for less excellent control but a better quality of life? I don't know how people cope with more than one debilitating condition, I really don't. x