Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
claire91 said:
Good Evening everyone :D
So I am brand new to this forum! I am on diabetessupport.co.uk which I have found really supportive and good to chat :)
I start the DAFNE course on Monday! Who has been on it and was it worthwhile?
x

Welcome to the forum Claire :)

There's been a considerable amount of type 1's members who have attended the DAFNE course and found it extremely helpful in their diabetes managemen, as Phoenix said earlier if you enter DAFNE in the Forum Search Facility you will find countless posts discussing the merits of DAFNE.

I completed the course back in 2009 and learnt so much even though I'd been living with diabetes for 27 years, the thing is we never stop learning with diabetes and education is one of the many tools we can use to manage our condition sucessfully, the course covers so much more than carbohydrate counting and insulin doses and by the end of the week you will wonder why you didn't do it earlier, if I had my way the DAFNE course would be offered to everyone with type 1 diabetes from the earliest possible date after diagnosis.

Over the week you will make friends with the other people on the course and learn from one-another, it's great sitting in a room with a group of people living with the same condition as it's not often we come into contact with other insulin dependants, the course does give you more confidence and the follow-up DAFNE meeting 12 weeks after is a great time to reflect on the course and how things have progressed.

Good luck and hope you enjoy DAFNE, do come back and tell us all how you got on!!!