Daily Diet Plan - any examples?

Cynoxie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone, having just joined this pregnancy with diabetes forum yesterday, I noticed there are a lot of low carb food tips during pregnancy. I can get quite stressed out with planning meals so wondered if anyone stuck to a daily (a bit boring I know) meal plan with little variation just to make carb count easier? Ans if so, what did you have most days that seem to give you good readings? Thank you all, I am feeling very overwhelmed with the thought of a pregnancy with diabetes but so glad I found this forum!

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Cynoxie I concentrated on trying to eat nutritious foods (after the nausea had gone!). I tried to incorporate them into my weekly meals, so my meals varied day to day as I couldn't get all the food in on one day : D

I tended to keep breakfast the same the majority of the time - cereal (a mix of good quality not too sweet granola and a bran cereal) with full fat milk, and a 100ml glass of orange juice.

Lunch was usually a sandwich with protein and some veg items like salad or avocado, and an apple or a few dried apricots or prunes.

Evening meal was protein with a moderate helping of pasta, rice or potatoes.

I also incorporated a glass or two of full fat milk. I either had this as a snack with a food item, or as dessert (made into a non sweet milk shake) with another item. I had a snack mid morning and mid afternoon. I had things like hard boiled eggs, cheese, crackers, fruit, cereal bar, etc, etc.

Sometimes I had proper desserts like apple crumble, ice cream or a cheesecake made to a pregnancy safe recipe.

I rotated my evening meals so I knew how much insulin to have from memory (I weigh things like pasta to make sure the carbs are accurate). But do bear in mind your insulin resistance will increase a lot and your ratios will rise.

I used Lucozade and sweets as hypo treatments.

Hope that helps :)

Cynoxie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is a great help, thank you so much for being so thorough. It's always just reassuring to know that you're on the same sort of track and mindset as someone else. I do lovd a decaf latte, so I guess this can be my mid-morning/afternoon 'snack'!

Reactions: 2 people