Daily hypos

Lou-jay_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I have only just joined, not sure how this works but I'll give it a bash. I am having daily lows at the same time every day. I am type 1, 13 years. I will give an example of what the past 4 weeks have been like. Last night went to bed with an 8.2, woke up with a 19.1. Took a correction dose on waking came down to 14.3. Ate breakfast took 14 units of novorapid, took my lantus at 10. ( I have split my lantus today) lunch time 12.3. 14 units with lunch at 1pm. 3pm sugars at 17, didn't take a correction as ill explain, 430pm 5.4. This has been happening daily for weeks, at the weekend I decided to see how low it would go and endured one of the worst hypos I have ever had. So I have reduced my lantus to 18 I was taking 24 3 weeks ago and was up at 34 less than 6 months ago, today I decided to split my lantus so only took 9 units at 10am and still went low at 430. I also have an under active thyroid and pernicious anemia. Any ideas?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Your bg went up by 11mmol/l overnight which is a lot @lou-jay, you need to work on your evening basal dose and try and get this right so you wake with good bg levels, once you get that right you can do a fasting basal check from breakfast to early evening to see if its your morning basal dose that is causing the big drop in your bg levels late afternoon.

TBH I would discuss all this with your DSN as the other conditions you have (and any meds taken to treat them) could be effecting your bg control.