carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: ickihun
S

serenity648

my house is lucky if it gets to 18 degrees on cold days. And no, being cold hasnt affected my blood sugar levels.

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've lost only 17lbs and am down to 9st 9lbs, and I'm frequently feeling the cold. If I don't keep up my exercise, I have to turn up the heating, so ***turning the heating down!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/you-want-ease-diabetes-turn-10300832

Since losing 4 1/2 stone I am constantly cold so my readings should be at floor level according to these 'experts' I've just returned from Madeira and I had to wear a cardigan during the day. Just sometimes I would like my weight back so I could be warm again for a change.

it is quite normal to many while loosing weight, try eat some vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) I used to eat that many years ago and i noticed I got warmer hands and feet from that... you could also have your thyroid levels measured at GP... maybe you are low in thyroid hormons

kumera

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/you-want-ease-diabetes-turn-10300832

Since losing 4 1/2 stone I am constantly cold so my readings should be at floor level according to these 'experts' I've just returned from Madeira and I had to wear a cardigan during the day. Just sometimes I would like my weight back so I could be warm again for a change.
Come to my place :) We've had 30C all summer from December. I'm happy I'm living on the other side of the world after growing up in the cold Scandinavia :D

Reactions: Prem51

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am the opposite, nearly always too warm. I get strange looks in the winter when I am walking around wearing jeans and T-shirt. Even just a mild summer is unbearable for me at times.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The telegraph is carrying the same item, but headlining lower and variable temps.
No doubt next year the 'fix' will be a sauna:confused:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The telegraph is carrying the same item, but headlining lower and variable temps.
No doubt next year the 'fix' will be a sauna:confused:

Funny enough... (I know I'm T1.) warmer climates & that sort of thing increases insulin sensitivity for me...
I have to be wary & lower my basal.

Next time in the tabloid I dare say "Fun in the sun can keep the motor run." (Probably not this headline in the Mirror.. ) But they'll make "managment more clearer." ;)

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Freema I have an under-active thyroid and am not converting T4 to T3 so I am supplementing, at my own cost and paying for my own blood tests, as I cannot get any help under the NHS. My GP knows and told me 'good on you'. My next blood test is to be done next week so I will see how I am getting on after a few days. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@carol43 - When you have your thyroid bloods done, do you have your cortisol tested? Are you warmer/colder at any particular times of the day?

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@AndBreathe I am cold all day and evening, the only time I'm warm is in bed,. I just thought it was my weight loss that was causing it as I was always too hot before. I have never to my knowledge had a cortisol test. I am paying for my own blood tests for thyroid which showed in Aug 2016 -
I am not converting T4 to T3 so I am supplementing with T3, new blood test next week.
I had very very high Anti-thyroidperoxidase abs and Anti-thyroglibulin abs.
Low Vit d
Low B12
Serum Folate too high
Ferritin OK
CRP a bit low

I have a **** body.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Carol43,

Can i ask where you pay for these blood tests please? i only ask as i would like to do the same as my doctor seems very reluctant to give me any more tests at the minute. Thanks

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I use Blue Horizon Medicals, very good service. . Get an e-mail back within two days giving you the results and an explanation of the results. If you are going to order don't forget to order the finger pick one.