Danger of covid compared to the risk of everyday life

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm in Australia in a very small country town. I've been at work every workday. I'm talking to clients on the phone more often but still seeing those in person when needed- eg to sign will. I've also checked that my own will is up to date.

I was really worried a while ago but with no cases in our town I've become really lax. I consider the fact that I'm diabetic albeit well controlled will not act in my favour if I get it. I am concerned that if I get it my blood sugar levels will go up and then my asthma will come back. Asthmatic and overweight with uncontrolled blood sugar levels I don't think is a great combination. But if we have even one in our town I will become a lot more stringent. Ultimately though I value my clients and do not want them left in the lurch so I will keep going to work. If we get a cluster or a few cases I will revisit it.

In Australia we have been really fortunate. Some great decisions were made and most people complied.

Reactions: Dr Snoddy
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I am 'alert' regarding COVID-19, but it wont rule my life. I am sensible, I go out for walks, I go food shopping once a week to my local supermarket and I take precautions with social distancing and washing my hands.
It's when I return to work, as one of my jobs is in a confined space and very close to children, but I will wait and see when that is and then ask questions regarding any safety issues.

Reactions: kev-w