DAPAGLIFLOZIN/METFORMIN

big_red_dog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Guys,
I have recently ben put on dapagliflozin with my metformin and yes it lowered my bloods to 6-7 , but I had a strange episode which put me in the hands of the hospital , had a very buzy weekend which I did a lot of physical exercise (knocking walls down and I took fence panels out to paint , then hand balled 2 ton of top soil into my garden in two days never ate much ,on the Saturday I forgot my two metformin at night time but had taken the dapag/metformin on the morning with my porridge ,but had very little to eat that day , on the Sunday I noticed I had not taken my night metformin and took Metformin+Dapagliflozin on the sun morning as normal plus 1 metformin, that ment 3 metformin / 1dapagliflozin, had porridge and worked hard again ,had beans on toast for tea ,bathed took three metformin that evening so I went to bed , woke next morning to very dizzy very pale could not get a blood sugar result confused, the wife was a nurse said low bloods , brought a suger drink up which I drank laid down as I was cold (freezing ) she took bloods and they were 11 mmols , 20 mins later 10mmols 20 mins later 9 mmols , she had phoned 111just to make sure protocol had not changed but they sent an ambulance , but by this time I was fine , down stairs having breakfast , was round in 10 mins, I had not said anything about taking too many tablets , ambulance guys could find nothing wrong ecg , bp everything normal , but they sent me to the stroke clinic they did every test and M RI no evidence of stroke , so my question is has anyone had a problem with this Dapaliflozin , as on the paper you get with the tablets it says 1 in 10 get low blood sugar , but the docs say that cant happen as I take metformin , and it dos not make you go low HYPO , we have had the devil of a job convincing them that with the extra work not eating right and my blunder thinking I could catch up on tablets I missed , that it was low bm , so folks DO NOT TAKE EXTRA TABLETS , WATCH WHAT YOU EAT EVEN IF YOU WORKING HARD ,and let me know if anyone else has had a problem with these tablets,am fine now but what a problem we have had

Last edited: