DARIO - blood glucose monitor

Dina111

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, I recently heard about this machine and wanted to see if anyone has any feedback on it. I heard that it connects to an APP and that it's got an insulin calculator, calculates you A1C, links up with your GP/Nurse so they get a report on your readings - is this true, does anyone know? It is accurate? Would you recommend it? Where can I get it from? Let me know :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Don't know but just applied for a free one. I like to try all the free meters...

Reactions: 2 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, I recently heard about this machine and wanted to see if anyone has any feedback on it. I heard that it connects to an APP and that it's got an insulin calculator, calculates you A1C, links up with your GP/Nurse so they get a report on your readings - is this true, does anyone know? It is accurate? Would you recommend it? Where can I get it from? Let me know :)
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think your spam. You have been reported.

Dina111

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think your spam. You have been reported.
NUTHEAD: how dare you? I think you are spam!!! I wanted to know people's opinions and find out how to get it. I think you should be a bit more considerate of others

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
NUTHEAD: how dare you? I think you are spam!!! I wanted to know people's opinions and find out how to get it. I think you should be a bit more considerate of others
Dario have done exactly as you are doing. As I say. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

C

catherinecherub

@Nuthead
There are people on the forum who use this machine.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/dario-meters.61628/#post-591564

I wonder if you are getting mixed up with a certain insulin pump? I know that we had some spammers with that.

@Dina111,

Are you querying this for someone else? I ask because you do not say that you are a diabetic on your profile page and this may be where the mix up has come in as people would query why a non diabetic needs a meter and why their first post is asking about one..

I hope that you can both see how this mistake may have occurred and that no bad feelings remain.

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
If you are interested. I've used it for 175 strips. Its ok and the app is good and well thought out. For the app I'd give it 9 out of ten.
The concept of a small unit that fits in your pocket or bag is a good one however, you still need to carry extra lancets and correctly dispose of them and the used strips. Also, I didn't find it all that discrete when using it in restaurants etc. To much fafing around sorting it all out. So it gets 6 out of 10. I.Will stick with my accu check mobile because it's just so easy to use and when out, very discrete and feels a good solid unit. Not sure about the longevity of the Lancet system on the dario.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@Nuthead
There are people on the forum who use this machine.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/dario-meters.61628/#post-591564

I wonder if you are getting mixed up with a certain insulin pump? I know that we had some spammers with that.

@Dina111,

Are you querying this for someone else? I ask because you do not say that you are a diabetic on your profile page and this may be where the mix up has come in as people would query why a non diabetic needs a meter and why their first post is asking about one..

I hope that you can both see how this mistake may have occurred and that no bad feelings remain.
Just my thinking !. Dario tried to spam a few weeks ago. I reported it and it was removed.
SORRY if I'm wrong.

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you have a link Tim?

@Nuthead how does it compare in size to the AccuChek Mobile?
About 11cm long by35mm and 15mm But you do also need a smartphone or tablet to use it. The bit that plugs in the phone is very small.They have a web site. The mobile is twice as wide including the Lancet device with a drum of six needles. Otherwise about the same.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I just went to their UK website and entered my details. They emailed to say they would send me one.

Dina111

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Nuthead thanks for your comments and feedback. Have a good eve

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
candy-57.gif
Hi Nuthead thanks for your comments and feedback. Have a good eve
No problem. By the way, spammer caught on this post earlier in the day. Removed.

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
I received a Xmas present from Dario this morning - my Dario meter - thanks Dario :)

10 minutes after the post I got a phone call from the surgery asking me if I wanted to confirm a change to my repeat prescription of test strips as they had received a letter from Dario - I'll be picking up a script for a months supply on Monday

First test compared well to my other meters:
Dario = 4.2
AC Mobile = 4.4
Contour Next USB = 4.9

Merry Xmas everyone :wacky: