Dark fovea

Emck

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi there,

I’ve just been for a retinal screening and the photographer had to take a second, off-centre, image of one of my eyes as she said there was a dark fovea.

I don’t know what this means. Whether it is something i need to worry about or an image quality problem.

At my last screening I got a letter stating there was signs of maculopathy in that eye.

I am a worrier. I have been suffering from anxiety since getting the appointment letter for this screening.

Does anyone know what they meant by this?

MAW8

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi there,

I’ve just been for a retinal screening and the photographer had to take a second, off-centre, image of one of my eyes as she said there was a dark fovea.

I don’t know what this means. Whether it is something i need to worry about or an image quality problem.

At my last screening I got a letter stating there was signs of maculopathy in that eye.

I am a worrier. I have been suffering from anxiety since getting the appointment letter for this screening.

Does anyone know what they meant by this?
Hi, don't worry about the darkness of the fovea. We sometimes get shadows on the retina when we take an image. By taking an off centre image we move the shadow on and can see the fovea clearly. The maculopathy is not connected with this.