daughter with tummy ache???

serankine

Hi Just wondered if any one can help me. :?:

My daughter was diagnosed last november .
We have gone from 2 injections to 4 injections now on the pump and she loves it.
My only problem is that she is still complaining of belly ache alot!!
She also has a lot of wind (sorry). She had the coeliac test when she was first diagnosed which came back neagative.
Is tummy aches common in type 1's?
When she has tummy ache we test her B.G's the most the time she is fine and in the 7's. We have had moments when she has tuummy ache and she has been low or high. But she seems to complain nearly every day.

If anyone had any advice would be very grateful since i dnt know what to do. We have moved her onto school dinners to see if it was too much bread but no real difference.

Thanks so much
Sarah :D

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
My son does not have tummy ache. I tried a few times giving him sugar free jelly and this certainly upset his tummy so I don't give him any of the sugar free products. Do you use sugar free products? I can't think of anything else except something non-diabetes related and you'll have to get hold of your GP to run some tests.

serankine

Hi thanks for your advice
We sometimes have sugar free tip tops, and when we have fizzy drinks we have diet (but not that often) most of our food is low fat.
I dont know how bad the tummy ache is since she is 5. I try to get her to tell me. I sometimes wonder if it is for attention i know it sounds really bad, Or if she is making it sound worse but when i asked her if i should tell the nurses she said yes.
Im just confussed will get on to our diabetic nurses tho.
Thanks for you advice. I just dont know what it is.

Angelaroja

Hey there,

My daughter has been having tummy aches for years and I too keep having her tested for celiacs. She luckily has always come up negative. HOWEVER, she was just diagnosed with Hypothyroidism andafter increasing her fiber with fiber supplements and regulating her thyroid meds she does not complain. I was beside myself constantly thinking she was allergic to something and trying everything I could to help her. She was diagnised at 4 and is now 13. I give her two fiber capsules ans two turmeric capsules in the morning and same at night. Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory and I use it for that in general.

I hope this helps and I am sorry any of them have to endure this. Take care,
Angela (North Carolina, USA)

Hazza

My daughter is 8 and since she was diagnosed (18 months ago) her hypo symptoms have always been tummy ache. I know it is different for everyone but I would keep an eye on it. She can tell the difference between a normal hungry feeling and a low. It may take a while for your daughter to be able to tell the difference but I'm sure that she is beggining to feel it.
Keep listening to her and she will guide you. It's not easy, and we can't feel it for them, so let them be your guide and trust what they are telling you.
Even kids know when they are not in the "zone"

Harry

serankine

Thanks for all your advice!!!!
It really helps that im not alone as im not in touch with anyone who has children with type1.

Im ringing Leahs diabetic nurses tomoro just for any advice since when i asked about her tummy ache last year they told me to keep an eye on her.
Cant belive she has been diagnosed a year next month its gone so fast. And i cant belive diabetes is now just a way of life and with the pump how normal things seem to be she has coped so well.
Thank everyone for all your help!!
:D :) :D :)