Day Four on Metformin

Del 80

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, Day four on medication, no side effects to speak of, stomach always seems to be rumbling, but that could be change in diet, no cakes or biscuits or anything like that, also eating more fruit...........Del.

Sunhat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a grumbling tummy for about 2 weeks, then it stopped, no further problems, as far as I know!

Del 80

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day five, still feeling hungry, apart from that feel fine......been told today that banana's are bad for you.....anyone heard that ?......Del.

Madbazoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bananas very high in carbs. I made the mistake of eating them every day as part of my 'five a day' until I joined this forum.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Del 80

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day six, what an awful day at work, headache.....faceache.......toothache.....even the one's that are no longer there....stomach cramp....apart from that I'm o.k......it can't be the Metformin.....can it ?.......Del.

Tigerkitty1950

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Bananas are essential if you want to replace the potassium you are losing, if you get cramps then drinking Tonic water helps ( quinine) if you don't like bananas I suggest you look up others ways to get it, it's one of the essential minerals for keeping your heart healthy