Type 2 Dealing with bulimia and a recent type 2 diagnosis

harrygarry95

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey all!

About a month ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. This wasn't a complete shock as back in January I was told I had pre diabetes but it's obvious to say I didn't act on it. Since I was about 14 I've suffered from Anorexia, Bulimia and Binge Eating. In the last few weeks I'm starting to experience bulimic habits again and find my blood sugar going from 7 to 14 once or twice a week because of it.

I've agreed with my doctor that I'd try the 800 cal diet in the hop of reversing it within the next couple of months but I'm finding it incredibly hard to stay focused! Has anyone else tried this? I think living in a city doesn't help - tonight being a prime example as to how easy it is to order junk food from the comfort of my bed... I'm visiting family next week and luckily I'll be cut off from city life luxuries. I'm also planning to start the couch to 5k in order to boost my activity levels.

In general does anyone have any advice? I know it seems a lot to take on but I know I need to lose weight ASAP - with Coronavirus serious for those overweight I just feel I need to keep that in mind and almost jump in at the deep end.

Advice is greatly appreciated!