Decent iphone app for recording type 2 info?

Signs

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey folks,

Lost my little book that I keep all my info in and thought it a good time to go digital!

I'm looking for a decent iphone app to help me keep track of:

Daily BG levels
Daily carb intake
Daily calorie (optional)
Weekly BP
Weekly Weight

Also like to be able to download to my laptop and/or email results.

Had a look online but there's so many option and a whole lot of them are set for the US market and I really want UK measures.

Quite happy paying for a decent app and would prefer a recommendation rather than pot luck.

Carbs

Defren

I don't know of an app as I refuse to use my phone for anything other than texts and calls whenever I can, although I do use it as an MP3 if I am out and about. I use a web site, that may be helpful, it is a pay to use site, but I have found it invaluable. It's: https://www.mysugarlevel.com/

craftbunny

Dislikes
Foul language, liars, bad attitude, arrogance, intolerence, over use of sarcasm, cruelty and abuse of people and animals.
Hello,

I use a great little app called Myfitnesspal. I use that for my diet and it has many English foods on it. It syncs with the web so both are kept up-to-date. It lists all the nutrients from the foods and you can add your own, you can also confirm what others put on. I find it invaluable for counting carbs, protein and fat and other stuff. I think also you can scan foods into it too but haven't fathomed that one out.
Once you get used to it and explore it you will find it will do other things. The only think it doesn't do is your BG, sadly. So if you find one that does that then please let me know. I do have various apps for diabetes but a lot of them are USA based and i haven't really found one for recording your BG's. There was one a while ago which was a little program you ran on your PC but i have lost it somewhere in dead computers.
Hope this helps
Wendy

KennyS

I know that you are asking for Iphone apps so this perhaps won't be relevant but it is a good cheap *FREE* way for people with windows pcs (unfortunately I don't think their is a Mac or linux version) to track, in a database fashion, a lot of your medical data to include BG,BP, Pulse, Pulse Pressure, HbA1c, Cholesterol, weight, temperature, hypo history, and many other aspects of your observable health, meds and doctors visits. It displays printable charts and averages that make the data clearer to understand or you can export this data in the form of a comma delimited text file and import to programs like excel. As I said, I know its not mobile but it is a good data repository, extremely easy to use and its cheap....

As far as I can tell, this program was written by a diabetic to track their own numbers and released it to the public for no apparent motive other than to help out other diabetics.....
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Mis ... ware.shtml

sooz

I downloaded the free iBGStar app designed for use with their own testing meter. The price of the meter and strips was very high as its fairly new on the market so I bought a cheaper meter and just record my results on the App. It uses an easy to read log book style but also produces the figures in a chart form and gives you statistics. You can email data although as yet I havent tried this out so can't comment on its efficiency!

gangadhargs

Hello

I am the developer of a free iPhone app for managing Diabetes called Lifely. I developed the app since my mom had diabetes and the traditional approach of tracking diabetes did not work with her. Trying to see if we can make the tracking process less serious and more fun.

We are updating it based on feedback from users. I would appreciate it if you could download it and let us know what you think about it. You can download it by clicking here from your phone: http://bit.ly/Lifely. It is available for iPhones and Android phones.

The features of the app are:

1. You can track BG, Insulin, Exercise and Carbs.
2. You can export the data in CSV and PDF formats.
3. Snooze reminders if you want some more time.

Thanks

Lozzybabyw

There is a iPhone app called diabetes uk tracker Its great:) You can add all information including your medical information. It is free:) just type diabetes uk
Into your app search on iPhone. Hope this helps

Signs

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for all the replies folks. I downloaded the free glucose buddy app and have been using it daily for 6 days now. Takes a bit of getting to (I never read instructions!) but it does what it says on the tin.
Cheers, John

V123

Hello I am a final year student wanting to create an application for Diabetes type 2 for my dissertation. As i can see from the posts above there are already many applications out there that monitor Diabetes but i would be grateful if you could please provide some suggestions as to what additional functionality would u like or something useful that I could take into consideration.
Thanks