Decent recipe books?

CIarebear

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could anyone reccomend some good cook books for diabetes? Everything Ive seen at book shops has been full of fancy stuff, Im just after some simple bog standard recipes! Dont mind if its just general diabetes friendly or low carb, anything will do.

Reactions: Danny340

Ashley13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, any book by Danielle Walker. The Whole 30 book has a few decent recipes in too. Not all are low carb however none of carbier options spike my BG due to low GI.

I've found with a lot of recipes they sometimes sound or look a lot more complex than they actually are! Once you start making them it's normally worth spending the extra time for a delicious dish

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I just grab some protein that I have precooked and frozen in my meal size. I defrost it in cold water and decide what I want to do with it. Things like chicke, turkey, cold lamb or steak I'll either chop and put on a salad with avocado chunks, olive oil and some herbs. Or I'll mix it with mayo and put on a leuuce wrap. Or hear some broth, steam some veggies and throw it in with some herbs for fast soup. Or make a stir fry with chopped veggies

I used to love to cook but keep things very simple and uncomplicated now. Precooking proteins and freezing works very well for me. Less time in the kitchen and loads of options daily for whatever I fancy.

CIarebear

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks you for all the suggestions, I will look into the books suggested. And the website too!

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks you for all the suggestions, I will look into the books suggested. And the website too!

I got myself a soup maker, just shove a load of good low carb veggies in and boom - 20 minutes later soup where there are no hidden ingredients ! Godsend!

Kailee56

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree with checking out Dietdoctor.com for recipes and information.
Another source is Martina Slajerova's KetoDiet blog. She has a recipe section on her blog. She also writes books.
Pinterest has tons of recipes to look up and save.
Books by Maria Emmerich, can't recall her blog site.