Decided to start over!

Desync

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So after not caring for a long time, I went to see the Doctor and we're working on a plan.
I've only been doing 1 injection a day, so he told me to start with 1 more before my tea.
I have a question, I don't know the rates for fast acting to correct my blood sugar, need to know asap.

Reactions: 2 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So after not caring for a long time, I went to see the Doctor and we're working on a plan.
I've only been doing 1 injection a day, so he told me to start with 1 more before my tea.
I have a question, I don't know the rates for fast acting to correct my blood sugar, need to know asap.
If you divide your total daily dose of insulin (basal and bolus) into 100 then the number you get is how many mmol/l that 1 unit of fast acting insulin will reduce your BG by, or at least that is a good starting point.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
How is it you were only on one injection a day when your on a basal/bolus insulin regime, you should be on 4 a day, one lantus injection and 3 bolus doses to cover your meal-times (assuming you eat 3 times a day).

Desync

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How is it you were only on one injection a day when your on a basal/bolus insulin regime, you should be on 4 a day, one lantus injection and 3 bolus doses to cover your meal-times (assuming you eat 3 times a day).
I don't think you understood, I chose to ignore this **** for a long time.
I don't really care what people have to say.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Noblehead, he wasn't caring at the time and now would appear to be getting things back on track. I'm 5 ft 2 and weight 9 stone, my ratio is roughly 1 unit of NoivoRapid to 10 carbs, depending on how active or less active I am.( this is just my ratio's). ie if you have a bowl of tinned tomato soup, eg 30 carbs that would be 3 units of Insulin.
This forum is a very supporive one and most try to help another member with advice and help, the best way they can.

RRB

Desync

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Noblehead, he wasn't caring at the time and now would appear to be getting things back on track. I'm 5 ft 2 and weight 9 stone, my ratio is roughly 1 unit of NoivoRapid to 10 carbs, depending on how active or less active I am.( this is just my ratio's). ie if you have a bowl of tinned tomato soup, eg 30 carbs that would be 3 units of Insulin.
This forum is a very supporive one and most try to help another member with advice and help, the best way they can.

RRB
Yeah I do the same, but for my bloodsugar I don't know.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Yeah I do the same, but for my bloodsugar I don't know.

As a correction, I unit should bring me down by 3 units. It can be a bit of a guessing game, best to go slowly to start with then increase if you need to. Could you get in touch with your DSN, say tomorrow for advice? The trouble is we are all so different in our diabetes management, so what works for me, wont work for another.

RRB

Desync

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As a correction, I unit should bring me down by 3 units. It can be a bit of a guessing game, best to go slowly to start with then increase if you need to. Could you get in touch with your DSN, say tomorrow for advice? The trouble is we are all so different in our diabetes management, so what works for me, wont work for another.

RRB
I got an appointment with the hospital next month, so I'll probably go over a more indetail plan.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I don't think you understood, I chose to ignore this **** for a long time.
I don't really care what people have to say.

I see, wasn't aware of that.

Well it's good that your now taking the condition serious and working on a plan with your HCP's, wishing you the best of luck in turning things around Desync.