Degludec insulin

Lou73

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I'm currently on Humalog and Lantus insulins. I saw my DSN today and we discussed changing my Lantus to Degludec due to some night time hypos. She has told me to have a read up on it (which I am doing) and to ask for other people's experience of it. Is anyone else using degludec (Tresiba) and what do you think of it? Any advice would be appreciated.

Lou73

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I changed from Lantus to Tresiba. It was a bit rough for the first 4 weeks. I suffered really high, unstable BG. But after the 4 weeks and ever since, my BG level has been perfectly stable. Only have to inject once a day whereas on Lantus I was injecting twice a day. No sting when I inject and you don't have to be strict on the timing of it. My daughter uses it as well and it's absolutely perfect for her too.

Thank you for your reply. I will have a look into it.

Down-Jai 001

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning to my fellows diabetic T2 but within insulin.
I am a new member and have been asking myself many questions. This is my story, please accept there might be some spelling mistakes as English is my second language. Thank you.
I was diagnosed 18 years ago when pregnant my daughter and treated with metformin.With a young baby; I was unable to keep the meal times regularly as there's was only me caring for her. My doctor increased the mumbers of tablets until 2 years ago I was put on Lantus.
During the first week I felt very weak and I was black out one evening .My husband is a pharmacist advised me to stop all the tablets also reduced the insulin from 10 units down to 6 units ( take with the evening meals ).
Last year I saw a different consultant: He looked through the notes and tell me that the Lantus is not suitable for me, My diabetes is genetic ( my whole family have it and died of the complications).
I weigh 48 kgs, my height 4'.9". I am now able to control food and do more exercises ( the daughter is in uni) I learnt to swim and fund raising for different
charities including Diabetic UK but have to test BG before the exercises and afterwards.

The new consultant wanted to treat my condition according to my gene and yet I have to wait until the 2 November 2017 appointment. Well..he probably have his own reasons,isn't life and death.
It's not too long to wait now;meanwhile I will keep my BG test UNDER the limits. Following my daily pattern:
# What to eat, how much.
#When to eat ; exercises.
# Meditation plus mindfulness is also a daily practices.

I wish you all good lives and everything under your control.
Thanks for reading.

Dow#jai 001.

Farrowlily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just wanted to post I'm type two diabetic and my daughter was diagnosed about a year ago on 500mg metphormin but still high went on professor moselyslow carb plan so proud of her she has lost nearly four stone and her levels are normal she still takes metphormin