Denial

batgirl2708

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well hello again

I say again as i deleted the app for a couple of months.. I have been depressed of late, and in some ways probablly still am. I went through a month or 3 of just wanting to eat or sleep. And although this is getting better I need to sort me out. I went on the DESMOND programme after doing well (or so I thought with testing and low carb) and then yeh ever since then I have gone off the rails. DN says not to test and if I really have to only in the morning.. this made me worse (if I can't see the numbers I don't know they are high so doughnuts etc don't matter do they?). So I need to sort it out. Do what works for me not what they tell me. I asked for my anti-depressant meds to be increased to which I was told she would increase it a little bit but if it doesn't work there is nothing else they can do. I'm hoping me jumping in again feet first will help me anyway.
I am a smidge under 18 stone, type 2, diet controlled (lmao) with my hba1c being 56 and being a month overdue to have it done again... I have the forms I will make the effort to go tomorrow.
Need to also remember to be good.. this morning I automatically reached for the toast and golden syrup (bloody kids and pancake day) to late remembering after u eaten it!!

This is more of a public kicking myself up the bum rather than anything else lol xx

Reactions: DJC3

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
You are back in the saddle, that's the important thing.

No recriminations or guilt. We are human and sometimes we stumble over life's rocky path. (I can't beleive that I actually said that, it sounds so cheesy!). Anyway, glad to hear that you have recovered enough to get a handle on things, well done.

Reactions: batgirl2708

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey Batgirl12708, wondering how you are doing?? Trust you are still back on program and things are looking brighter....is the increase in antidepressant helping? There are so many drugs out there, not sure why Nurse would act like this was the last chance.....so if you don't find the tweaking on increase is helping, be your best advocate and ask for a trial on a new drug....Hang in there! You know you can do this! We are here to cheer you on! Blessings/L

Munkaroo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,anyone heard of being denied met forming for not being obese? I’m type 1 for 29 years.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi,anyone heard of being denied met forming for not being obese? I’m type 1 for 29 years.
Why do you want it? Are you insulin resistant?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@batgirl2708 - hope the kids are spoiling you in low carb style today. X

Reactions: DJC3