Dentures, Denture Glue and Mouthwash

TheFloppyOne

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Over the last 6 months Gum disease has spread all over on both jaws and unfortunately I need to have all my teeth extracted.

I would like to know what denture glue and mouth wash is best for a type 2 diabetic to use.

I have pre-diabetes, managing it well but don't want to take any chances.

I find that Listerine sends my BG up so looking for an alternative as I really want to loose more weight and I want to get my Gums in the right kind of health to eventually have implants.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I only have top dentures but I've never needed glue with it, exept fot the first few weeks with the temporary dentures that I got right after pulling the teeth.
As for mouthwash, not a clue, never used the stuff and my dentist doesn't recommend it. I do use those fluoridated pokey thingies (what are they called in English?) though. Almost every day. I'd ask your dentist what they recommend.
(btw, I didn't lose my teeth because of diabetes)

D

Deleted member 308541

I use Polident to stop my top denture from moving around.

I use Listerine, but if you are having problems with it, just use salty water to swill your mouth out with.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Most dentists don't recommend mouthwashes any more. They disrupt the normal bacterial flora of the mouth and allow pathogenic species to dominate. The days of "kill the bugs" are slowly disappearing.