1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Depression and diabetes nightmare

Discussion in 'Emotional and Mental Health' started by Natalie1974, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Digger48

Digger48 Type 2 · Newbie

No I had some but it was or seemed to be a competition on who's worst off rather than any pointers so it took me a while to make the move cheers

2. scorpius14

scorpius14 Type 1 · Active Member

i'm depressed no matter what blood sugar i have, once took an overdose of 40 units, 15 more than my normal dose just to see how low i can get, its sad that this is the only thing i resort to if i am depressed enough to self harm but you're also in that state of mind where you know suicide is wrong and not the answer but your brain just takes it out of the equation, and you're unable to think of what wrongs can be made from doing so, and once my blood sugar normalised i regret even doing it

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook