Desmond Course

Julie27318

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I received a letter yesterday with an appointment in September to attend the Desmond course as my gp thinks it will be a good idea....i can't be in groups which is the reason i am unable to work and it says bring your lunch but i can't eat in company either so i won't be going.Do u ring up and let them know or what bcos it says on the letter if u don't attend u will be discharged and they'll let gp know.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I received a letter yesterday with an appointment in September to attend the Desmond course as my gp thinks it will be a good idea....i can't be in groups which is the reason i am unable to work and it says bring your lunch but i can't eat in company either so i won't be going.Do u ring up and let them know or what bcos it says on the letter if u don't attend u will be discharged and they'll let gp know.
Ring them up and explain your problem, ask if they can send you the leaflets they hand out.

Any threat to discharge you is probably illegal. I would phone your surgery and ask for clarification.

I found Desmond helpful in that it helped to consolidate the information I learned on the forum but their dietry advice is dire for T2's.

Reactions: Rachox

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Please do let them know of your issues and see what they might have to offer you. Some areas have an online option for their Desmond course, but not everywhere.

Another alternative, is the Low Carb Programme on this website can now be given to T2s on prescription. That is a 10-week programme, focusing on improving your diabetes, using diet, with lots and lots of educational content videos and the like. That could work really well for you as you can do it in your own time, at home, if that's what suits you best.

Why ot contact Desmond, and if they can't help, then ask about the Low Carb Programme from here: https://www.lowcarbprogram.com/ Your GP would give you a code to input at the point you would usually pay.

Reactions: Rachox

Julie27318

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ring them up and explain your problem, ask if they can send you the leaflets they hand out.

Any threat to discharge you is probably illegal. I would phone your surgery and ask for clarification.

I found Desmond helpful in that it helped to consolidate the information I learned on the forum but their dietry advice is dire for T2's.
They sent me a booklet with appointment letter "Preparing for DESMOND"

Julie27318

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Please do let them know of your issues and see what they might have to offer you. Some areas have an online option for their Desmond course, but not everywhere.

Another alternative, is the Low Carb Programme on this website can now be given to T2s on prescription. That is a 10-week programme, focusing on improving your diabetes, using diet, with lots and lots of educational content videos and the like. That could work really well for you as you can do it in your own time, at home, if that's what suits you best.

Why ot contact Desmond, and if they can't help, then ask about the Low Carb Programme from here: https://www.lowcarbprogram.com/ Your GP would give you a code to input at the point you would usually pay.
Yeah i already follow the LCHF thanks!

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are handouts when you attend the course. I have to admit I haven't read them yet!

Reactions: Julie27318