Desperate help. Humulin m3. High sugar in the day.

Tessy89

I couldn’t take Metaformin, spent every lunchtime in the toilet with stomach cramps until I found this website and choose to look at dietdoctor.com, just one of the recommended lifestyle plans. After a week struggling with Metaformin I ditched it to the horror of the diabetic nurse, lost 3 stone and now weight 8st, have loads of energy and have been classed as “normal” for over a year now. I eat scrambled eggs, bacon and mushrooms with Hovis low carb bread 9.9g carbs per slice, every weekend and 2 x low carb toast with 100g natural yogurt & 2 x Strawberry Mid week, that said I walk my dogs for 30 mins every day after breakfast which often brings my sugar down lower than when I started. My morning mmol is usually around 5.5 unless I’ve had lost of wine & maybe a desert the previous day and then it can be max 6.3. It worth looking at the different diet plans that are recommenced and remember to exercise everyday, drink plenty of water and relax at the weekend. Good luck.
I didn't know you could get low carb bread! Wow thank you for that.

Tessy89

Hmm, with T1's on both sides of your family, it might be worth asking your diabetes nurse if you can get proper tests to see if they can define what type of diabetes you actually have (they'll probably say no). Do you see an endocrinologist at your local hospital?
I don't. My diabetic nurse has been quite stubborn with me and even forgetting often what medications I am on. I understand they have plenty of patients but I don't feel particularly listened to. I want to live long and have a healthy life style.