desperate to lose weight

chrissieworne

Hi all Some of you have lost so much weight it's amazing. :eek:

I CANNOT shift it at all, :evil: can you tell me your secrets?
Chrissie

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Should be a very interesting thread, Chrissie, I hope we'll hear lots of useful ideas.
For me at least, it was all about dropping the carbs, dropping the insulin and dropping 4 stones as a result.

All the best,

fergus

Vikingepigen

Not on any meds, but I low carb ~(60g/day) and do 5 mile walk every day (some days double that - walking, that is!) and the weight came of easily enough.

It is mostly about diet and finding out what your body can and cannot cope/tolerate and then adjust your diet accordingly. At least this is how I approached.

Good luck!

Alice

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya,
i cut carbs down to approx 30-50g per day and started to walk a lot, even up and down stairs on days i were staying in,
then i also added dancing with the kids to music in the living room lol
ive lost 5 stone 4 lbs and stayed at 9st 8 for a good few mnths now and i still walk but eat approx 80-100g carbs daily :D

mikecarter

Cut down on the carbs. Simples. Four stones lost in just over a year since diagnoses and Ha1bc down from 12.6 to 6.1 in 6 months. :D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Chrissie
I lost a lot of weight initially[18kg] low carbing and exercise. Now I've stalled, wiht loads still to loose.
I'm trying to do an Atkins "Fat fast" to break the stall, only a couple of days so far. It's not easy to stick to. Especially today. My car has gone wrong and I'm fretting about the probable bill.
Hana

C

catherinecherub

Hi chrissie,

Carbohydrates need to be reduced according to the individual's response and what suits me may not suit you. Testing your response is the only way forward. Exercise also helps, nothing too dramatic.

You also take thyroxine and this may need reviewing as it is often the case that a type 2 needs more oral medication when taking thyroxine.

Hope this helps,
Catherine.

TracyA

Dislikes
Liars and ignorant people.
Ive lost 10lb in 2 weeks,just by stopping coca cola,and chocolate. :wink:

PatrickSutton

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Burnt cheese, crispy bacon, avocados
I have lost 3 and a half stone since diagnosis (and kept it off) by cutting out booze and late-night snacking, eating smaller portions and going for a brisk 50-60 minute walk every day, in addition to cycling to work. I feel better than I have done for ages.

Lizzie7

Hi Chrissie,

I've lost too much weight but... I've found that making sure you move after eating anything (even walking round the block, cleaning the bath/shower vigarously etc) helps. Avoiding food in the evening while watching tv, on the computer etc also helps some folk.

xxx

hails

Hi

I tried everything to loose weight i have put on around a stone and a half since diagnosis - although im not massive I want to be like I was before. I joined the gym and went religiously and lost nothing! The only thing that has worked for me is weight watchers because it makes you actually realise to what extend you are over eating! I couldnt believe how much I was eating thinking it was healthy or normal!