Dexcom 5 Sensor Plunger Goof-up

Breck Lundin

For 2nd time i inadvertently depressed the plunger while getting it ready to affix. I took off the guard too soon as it just pretty much fell off. This was my last sensor before new get here Monday or Tuesday.

I guessed the issue was simply the needle was extended. So, why nit just manually push the thing in olace. I tried to estimate the same entry angle as the plunger. It was more noticeable than the faster motion using the plunger be is working fine so far.

I learned now that even if i make this goof again, just go ahead and insert it carefully. Saved me a weekend with no sensor and back in the stone age of finger sticks & meters... hehe hehe, funny how we get so used to the freedom of the CGM.

Hope all are having a relaxing weekend...beautiful here in the California coast just an hour north of Santa Barbara and a few miles from Vandenberg Air Force Base (VAFB) where all the polar orbit satellite launches happen. But an 80F day with nice light breeze...great day to work on the RV for summer.