Dexcom are refusing to sell any more G5 sensors

1abRat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got off the phone to Dexcom trying to buy a G5 sensor and was refused. Apparently they sent an email (they did not) last month saying it was discontinued and all G5 users would have to switch to the G6 this month. This came as a bit of a shock! Has anyone else had this experience?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got off the phone to Dexcom trying to buy a G5 sensor and was refused. Apparently they sent an email (they did not) last month saying it was discontinued and all G5 users would have to switch to the G6 this month. This came as a bit of a shock! Has anyone else had this experience?
Just been in contact with Dexcom. Apparently all G4/5 sensors ceased to be available after 31st July.
I was asked if I had received an email. No most definitely not. Have had emails but nothing relating to G4/5 or G6.
The guy was apologetic but did seem to be reading from a prepared script with reasons and excuses.
I guess if it had been widely known about the end date then there would have been people mass ordering and stockpiling.
It appears it’s G6 or nothing from now on. I’ve got sensors which should see me to November time. Gives me awhile to plan my next move.
All very frustrating and annoying but I guess at the moment Dexcom don’t really have much competition and hold all the cards.

CurlingCanuck

I was talking to customer service (Canada) and they said the G5 sensors will continue to be available. Just that, in 2020 you will have to phone in to place your order as they will no longer be available to order online.