1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Dexcom/CGM in labour??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by marie85, May 13, 2017.

1. marie85

marie85 Type 1 · Active Member

Did anyone wear their CGM in labour. I have a dexcom G4-it was invaluable in early pregnancy but a delay getting more sensors means I haven't worn it in a couple of months but birth plan for induction this week is for me/hubby to look after my own BS/insulin as much as poss. Not on a pump but have the CGM.
    Just wondering has anyone tried it on their arms? Or did you use it still in abdomen late pregnancy and if so where? Thanks in advance!

2. kitty55

kitty55 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I can't advise about a CGM I'm afraid but I was wearing a libre all through pregnancy and also labour and following emergency section and it was invaluable cos we could just quickly scan and knew what was going on. I'd recommend having your CGM on. It'll make it easier I think. Good luck! xx

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook