Type 1 Dexcom G4/CGM: continuous glucose monitor

mhuiz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

I've recently been set up with the Dexcom G4. Now, I am wondering where everyone is placing them around their bodies. I was only shown the stomach and the health care providers never mentioned anywhere else. I am slowly realizing that the stomach isn't an ideal place for me especially if I am wearing some form fitting clothing. Where else would be a good site to try? Also, please enlighten me on the site if it's a horizontal or vertical insertion with the sensor.

iHs

Hi

I have put the sensors on my tummy underneath tight fitting lycra pants and it doesn't affect the data transmission.
I also put them on my arm and they work all ok there too.

CathP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We get great readings and it lasts well on my daughters upper arm.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hello,

I've recently been set up with the Dexcom G4. Now, I am wondering where everyone is placing them around their bodies. I was only shown the stomach and the health care providers never mentioned anywhere else. I am slowly realizing that the stomach isn't an ideal place for me especially if I am wearing some form fitting clothing. Where else would be a good site to try? Also, please enlighten me on the site if it's a horizontal or vertical insertion with the sensor.
I normally use my upper arm, just remember though if you have a faulty sensor that it's placed in your tummy when Dexcom ask :)

Reactions: mhuiz and CathP