1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Dexcom G5 Inaccuracies

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Sharrryn, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Sharrryn

Sharrryn Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I use Dexcom G5 and love it but I always find the the first 24 hours or so very inaccurate. I calibrate when blood sugars stable but it still goes up then down , then false fall and high alerts. Very frustrating. Does anyone else find problems on first day of insertion before it settles ?

2. Knikki

Knikki · Guest

I don't use Dexcom I use Libre and yes I have found that the first 24hrs after attaching it the readings are usually not great.

What a few do and I am going to do the same, is attach the Libre for 24 hours before activating it, that seems to improve the accuracy. As Dexcom is a similar thing then maybe that trick would work as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Bricktop

Bricktop · Member

never had a problem with Dexcom, I am on the G6 now its spot on

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nometype1andproud

Nometype1andproud Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I am looking into the G5 how much does it cost compared to the newer version ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. pinewood

pinewood Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I've recently moved from G5 to G6 and miss my G5 tremendously; no idea if I've just had a dud batch but my last 3 G6 sensors have been really inaccurate; very frustrating as I can't trust it like I used to be able to do with my G5. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook