Dexcom G6 - failure you release

Draco16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi - thought I’d flag a strange situation that I experienced a few days ago. So after applying almost 100 sensors over the past 3 or so years, I had two fail in a row. And very odd / painful failures!

So when attaching the sensor, the applicator remained attached to the sensor. Twice in a row! Each time required the very awkward removal of the sensor - but not being able to hold it properly as the applicator remained attached with the solid needle still fully extended (had not retracted). The adhesive - augmented by skin tac applied - was super sticky, so taking them off was slow and painful.

Now Googling this I’ve found some threads / videos on reddit where people have experienced the same. One tactic is to hit the applicator hard. Repeatedly, until the needle retracts.

I took both off and luckily the third worked. I contacted Dexcom support who are aware of issue. They’ve sent two replacement sensors.

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi - thought I’d flag a strange situation that I experienced a few days ago. So after applying almost 100 sensors over the past 3 or so years, I had two fail in a row. And very odd / painful failures!

So when attaching the sensor, the applicator remained attached to the sensor. Twice in a row! Each time required the very awkward removal of the sensor - but not being able to hold it properly as the applicator remained attached with the solid needle still fully extended (had not retracted). The adhesive - augmented by skin tac applied - was super sticky, so taking them off was slow and painful.

Now Googling this I’ve found some threads / videos on reddit where people have experienced the same. One tactic is to hit the applicator hard. Repeatedly, until the needle retracts.

I took both off and luckily the third worked. I contacted Dexcom support who are aware of issue. They’ve sent two replacement sensors.

Yes, it has happened to me once in around 18 months of using G6 s. Quite painful! Dexcom replaced it.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Same happened here. Never had a problem with the much more intricate G4 but I guess this is what happens occasionally when we try to make life a bit easier:banghead:.
Full credit to Dexcom and the speed at which replacements arrive.

oldhand1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have now had 10 failures of a similar nature. I got tired of phoning up Dexcom for replacements. Thought they has solved the problem but had another failure tonight after 10 that worked perfectly. It is frustrating and disappointing and spoils an otherwise good product.