Dexcom G6 - force a reading?

day007

Hi,

I've just been set up with the Dexcom G6 at the hospital this morning and other than getting it stuck on me the nurse didn't show me anything about how the app actually works. Is there a way to force a reading or do I have to just sit and wait for a reading every 10 minutes? If I'm having a bad hypo I want to check faster than every 10 minutes to be sure that the jelly babies are kicking in and my blood sugar is rising again rather than still falling, a lot can change in 10 minutes in those circumstances!

Also is there a way to get a list of the past readings? I can just see dots on a graph and I suppose I can tell roughly what they were but I can't see what the actual numbers for each reading were.

Thanks!

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
The reading is every 5 minutes and you can not force a reading

• Agree
Reactions: EllieM

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The advice for all CGMs is to check hypo recovery with finger pricks.
This is because CGMs are less accurate at low (and high) readings and tend to take longer to respond to hypo recoveries.
So, even if it was possible to "force a reading", it would not help the scenario you describe.

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Your 'dots on a graph' will give you the date, time and reading for each dot if you touch them... turning your phone sideways, spaces them out and there should be the option to have the graph reading 3, 6 12 or 24 hours worth of readings.

• Useful
Reactions: Hopeful34