Dexcom G6 wear on arm

CathP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, my 7 year old daughter always uses the back of her arm for her dexcom. She’s got the g6 now and it works great there. She’s also used the g4 and g5 successfully on the back of her arm.

Reactions: Froggychops

EllsKBells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I always used the G5 on the back of my arm, and there's no reason to think that the G6 should be different. Personally, I found it to be more accurate, as well as significantly less painful. Also, as a fan of high waisted jeans, it got knocked a lot less!

Reactions: Froggychops

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I sometimes used the G4 on my arm but haven't yet tried the G6 anywhere but my abdomen.
The G6 should be easier to apply on the arm - to get the G4 on it by yourself you needed to be something of a contortionist!

Mylrea10

Hi Froggychops, how did you get on with the Dexcom G6 on your arm? Do you think it's accuracy is good when worn on your arm? All the literature insists it's worn on your stomach for over 18 yrs olds.

crumpy

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Froggychops, how did you get on with the Dexcom G6 on your arm? Do you think it's accuracy is good when worn on your arm? All the literature insists it's worn on your stomach for over 18 yrs olds.

My wife wears the G6 on her arm. Very good accuracy and usually gets just under three weeks use per sensor. Has been using it since the launch of G6 in the UK and before that used the G5 on her arm. Found it has better accuracy than wearing on her stomach. She initially wire the G4 on her stomach before changing to the arm.