1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Dexcom G6 wear on arm

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by Froggychops, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Froggychops

Froggychops · Member

I’m a relatively new to Dexcom. Has anyone worn the G6 on the arm and did it work? I know it isn’t approved for arm wear.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CathP

CathP Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi, my 7 year old daughter always uses the back of her arm for her dexcom. She’s got the g6 now and it works great there. She’s also used the g4 and g5 successfully on the back of her arm.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. EllsKBells

EllsKBells Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I always used the G5 on the back of my arm, and there's no reason to think that the G6 should be different. Personally, I found it to be more accurate, as well as significantly less painful. Also, as a fan of high waisted jeans, it got knocked a lot less!

• Like Like x 1
  4. DunePlodder

DunePlodder Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I sometimes used the G4 on my arm but haven't yet tried the G6 anywhere but my abdomen.
    The G6 should be easier to apply on the arm - to get the G4 on it by yourself you needed to be something of a contortionist!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Froggychops

Froggychops · Member

Thank you all for the responses. Sensor change today..... the arm it is. I will let you know how I get on.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mylrea10

Mylrea10 · Newbie

Hi Froggychops, how did you get on with the Dexcom G6 on your arm? Do you think it's accuracy is good when worn on your arm? All the literature insists it's worn on your stomach for over 18 yrs olds.

7. crumpy

crumpy Family member · Well-Known Member

My wife wears the G6 on her arm. Very good accuracy and usually gets just under three weeks use per sensor. Has been using it since the launch of G6 in the UK and before that used the G5 on her arm. Found it has better accuracy than wearing on her stomach. She initially wire the G4 on her stomach before changing to the arm.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook