Type 1 Dexcom G6

BertSmyth1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi
Yes I’ve just received it today, going to set it up tomorrow am. Looking forward to seeing what it’s like compared to the G5

Reactions: kitedoc

mefunk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just converted from the G4 to G6 last week. I love the redesigned applicator/sensor and how quick and easy it is to insert. But the receiver is bulky and since my Android phone is not compatible, I need the receiver on me at all times. Trying to wean myself off finger sticks but that may take some time as habits are hard to break. The accuracy has been very good though.

Jackie100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yeah the accuracy is very good but I still find it hard not to do finger sticks I’m trying to trust it at the moment. Trying to workout if I can afford the monthly cost aswell .

mefunk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know it is very expensive. I live in the US and only converted over because I was able to switch over to a different (better) insurance policy so my out of pocket expenses for the G6 were considerably less. With my old insurance I probably would not have been able to manage it.
Does that monthly fee cover the cost of all your sensors as well as hardware replacements? Is that standard practice for the NHS?