1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diabetes and eye pain

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Hany Omar, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Hany Omar

Hany Omar · Newbie

I have had type 2 diabetes, hypertension and glaucoma for many years. My my fasting and postprandial lab readings are in the 90s and my A1C is 5.x.

However any time my fasting or postprandial go below 90 or above 100 I get eye pain and headaches. I have been to a number of doctors and they say my readings won't do that. Ophthalmologists also say diabetes hasn't affected my eyes

I have problems in the blood vessels and nerves in my hands and feet and take medication for that. I also have thin optic nerves may be due to glaucoma

Has anyone experienced such eye pain or headaches?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook