Diabetes and gaining weight

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone, I wanted to ask a few things about gaining weight with T1D. I went on a low carb diet and have been for a week and have been getting the best blood sugar numbers i have got in the 4 years i've had diabetes but as a result i am ridiculously under weight I was 56kg a week ago now im 50kg. (My BMI is 15.78 and for a 20 year old lad i fear that is dangerously low.)

Am i overdoing it?
Is there something as eating too much as a diabetic even if you exercise?

My end goal is to gain weight to around 60kg whilst keeping my blood sugars low.

Thanks.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Losing that amount of weight so quickly is very concerning. My doctor told me that 0.25kg/week is the recommended safe rate for (intentional) weight loss, so losing 6kg in a week when you weren't trying to is a big problem. While it could be the diet, I would recommend a visit to the doctor to make sure there's nothing else wrong, and to give you further advice about gaining weight and how to manage your diet and exercise. Try to eat more food - I won't try and change your mind about low carb, but try to get some higher calorie meals in. Plenty of meat for example.