1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diabetes and immunotherapy

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by grumpy1918, Apr 20, 2018.

1. grumpy1918

grumpy1918 · Newbie

Hi all
    I am very fortunate to be on Keytruda for Non Small Cell Lung Cancer, which is having a miraculous effect, no signs of anything in my lungs, but my real problem with it seems to be that it affects my blood sugar, I can go from 7.2 to 3 within half an hour, or I can have readings in the low 30’s after just 1 slice of whole meal bread ,despite being on toujeo 80 units with top ups of nova rapid, does anyone else have any problems like this, who could give me advice about this, having to test anything up to 10 times a day,I asked my diabetic nurse about the libre freestyle and was basically told, No it’s only for type 1 diabetics, which research into Keytruda does show that known side effect is type 1 diabetes.

Sorry fo the long post
    Keith

2. DavidGrahamJones

DavidGrahamJones Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I've not come across Keytruda before so I resorted to good old google and I see what you mean about being very fortunate.

If you google "keytruda blood glucose levels" there's a lot of articles mentioning raised blood glucose levels, some talk of "skyrocketing".

I wish you all the best for your continuing treatment.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook