Diabetes and insomnia

Louisarnout

Falling asleep by 10. Wake up 1:30.am. back to sleep then wake up at 3 ish. Then if I sleep again it's from 430 to 7am. If I get up and check I'm between 6.7 and 7.4.....but later could be up to 8. I've tried wine tried pbutter. Tried boiled egg ..etc etc. Many times I jolt awake at 3ish to fast pulse and sweating. And high bp. I'm scaring myself and now seem to exist on little sleep and little food..carbs are no way over 50 daily. No meds.
Anyone have a similar problem?

Pulse & sweating is a symptom of apnea. Consult & get a apac machine.

Louisarnout

Sure do. I just started a thread bout night time hungries. I need a small protein fat snack. And then even sometimes a small glass of wine. I'm exhausted before bed, take lantus and 45 min later wide awake. I get up and have a small glass of wine and a few nuts or a small piece of protein with some fat and 45 min later out. I just can't get to sleep but once asleep I stay asleep

Thank you so much so much for this tip! Wine has the effect of a cure, after 3 yrs of tries and near desperation!
I played al the combinations, stops etc., with all the pills (metformin, definitely an effect, bad, stattin, ramipril), with all the food (better avoid peaks at bed, so only apple and aspartame yogourt). Only alcool at night , when you wake up, without waiting (only 1/4, 1/3 of a glass) gave a near perfect results.
2 other options only:
-2 gr of melatonin before bed, good but you need 2 coffees in the morning
-A handful of rice crispies (carbos) when you wake up in the night, works most of the times but worse than melatonin, you sleep so deep and long that youre tired till 4 pm. And need a lot of coffee.

Im type 2, with chronic insomnia from 4-6 am, sometimes 2 am. Plus bad sleep.

The trying of this tip, with skepticismm , felt like a ressurreçtion.
Anybody in the same situation must try.

Definitely a magical tip!

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
The article says that not sleeping for a couple of hours is entirely natural, and worrying about it tends to do more harm than good.

Lina333

I'm sorry you faced a problem of insomnia. I also went through this. It took me much time to get rid of it. What really helped me was a proper daily routine, sport and Canada Drugs that I ordered online. Now I feel good and can sleep well. I wish you good luck and I hope you will solve the problem soon!

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Falling asleep by 10. Wake up 1:30.am. back to sleep then wake up at 3 ish. Then if I sleep again it's from 430 to 7am. If I get up and check I'm between 6.7 and 7.4.....but later could be up to 8. I've tried wine tried pbutter. Tried boiled egg ..etc etc. Many times I jolt awake at 3ish to fast pulse and sweating. And high bp. I'm scaring myself and now seem to exist on little sleep and little food..carbs are no way over 50 daily. No meds.
Anyone have a similar problem?

I’m similar. Bed at 10.30 and awake at 2.30 then fall asleep and awake at 5.00. I occasionally get back to sleep before the alarm at 6.30. It is a very recent thing and driving me mad. My readings are high too. 6.4 and then up near 8 before breakfast. Really getting me down.