Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
mistados said:
If i had blood glucose of 15mmol before eating, how much would i need to inject? I know the more carbs a meal has the more i need to inject, but how do you figure that out?

A good place to look for the answer:

http://www.bdec-e-learning.com/

andywright

You might want to test at early morning(2ish) As sometimes if hypo through night your liver releases glucose which can show as high blood sugar in the morning. Good luck

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
andywright said:
You might want to test at early morning(2ish) As sometimes if hypo through night your liver releases glucose which can show as high blood sugar in the morning. Good luck

Rebound hyperglycemia in the nighht is called the Somogyi Phenomenon Andy, can sometimes explain unexpected high bg readings in the morning:

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/blood-glucose ... menon.html

mistados

BANNED
So if we have a hypo while we sleep, our liver releases more glucose to counter it? I'm always hesitant to go to sleep with levels of around 6-7mmol because i'm always scared i wont wake up again and i sometimes eat a chocolate snack just to be safe..

Stupid i know..but fear makes people do stupid things.

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
Hi,

I was diagnosed a couple of years ago. I recently moved to an area of the country where there seems to be little to no help for diabetic patients. My GP just passes me over to the practice nurse who tells me to test more each day and inject more insulin.

I have tried everything and my blood glucose levels are still really high, this morning my levels were 31mmol.

I have been struggling for breath for a while now too, heart palpitations and severe anxiety. It feels lke i can't get a satisfying breath of air into my lungs.

I'm only 31 and not overweight or anything, BMI of 21.

Could my shortness of breath be caused by my high levels? Has anyone else experienced difficulty breathing, or at least the sensation of finding it difficult to catch a breath.

I was a smoker for about 12 years and quit recently, perhaps it could be my lungs clearing up?

I have had dyspnea for a month now-- started with a relatively hypoglycemia ( I can no longer tolerate the 4s now); on the other hand I suffered a year of high bg (12-17 esp. in the morning) but asked my dr. to increase my glyclazide, which made me feel much better. On the other hand I had to use a hair dye a month ago, which may have been too strong. So I just hope I get better and you do too. Cheers.

VampyrEngel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am getting shortness of breath but I don't know if it is my Angina or mu Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 4 and my blood sugars were 7.4 as a matter of fact my blood sugars are now consistently low

slaxxfb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just sharing that i also experience this shortness of breath when my sugar goes up. I don't know if to call it that, it's like no matter how deep i breathe in it is never enough oxygen, so i keep consciously trying to inhale and exhale deeply. It always happens on high bsl so i test when it happens. Also i don't think there's anxiety involved (there is during hypo, but none during hyper).