1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diabetes and skin cancers

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by pensionistamike, Aug 23, 2017.

1. pensionistamike

pensionistamike Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I have just finished a course to remove Pre -cancerous lesions on my forehead and facial area.......and I was told
    by the Dermatologist that my Diabetes (Type 2 ) was part of the cause especially in older males. Im 79,and I was
    just wondering if anyone else has the same or similar skin problems and what types of alternative treatments there
    might be.---Something less painful would be nice.
    Best wishes to all.

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

May I ask what kind of treatment you had to remove the lesions, please?

3. BrianTheElder

BrianTheElder Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi @pensionistamike I am T2, 73 and had skin cancer in my neck removed last year. It was the lowest problem cancer and it was removed by cutting it out in a simple op. I also had prostate cancer 5 years ago, but I'm sure that's not connected.
    I hadn't heard of any connection with T2, so I shall follow with interest.

4. pensionistamike

pensionistamike Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi Guzzler,
    The treatment is 3 separate days with a cream called PICATO followed by a cream called FUCIDINE twice a day for the next
    10 to 15 days until the lesions scab over and gradually drop off . Messy and painful but it seems to work.
    Hope you never have to use it yourself.
    Kind regards

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook