diabetes and sleep disorder.

knighton62

Hi,I am a type 2 diabetic (inslutard and tablets).I also have several other physical ailments and a bipolar disorder too. Over time i have developed a chronic sleep disorder which i am been treating.I have been told i can only be given advice.I hardly get any sleep any and my eating habits have gone to pot.To the point i am hardly eating at all and when i do i eat at times when i am sleep.I am getting worried about my diabetes,the sleep disorder and the bipolar and how the sleep disorder is affecting the diabetes.I am finding it hard to get any information from my doctors.Can you point me in the right direction and if any members have been in a similiar situation...Finally i am unableto take any sleep meds because of nightime hypos and my sleep pattern.Too often i have woken up to find i have eaten in the night without realising.Much appreciated and many thanks.

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hi

Sorry to hear of all the issues that are affecting you at this time. I have multiple problems as well as diabetes including a 2 sleep disorders. My neurologist referred me to a sleep clinic for one of my sleep disorders and prescribed medication for the other and both are now under control. Do you think that getting one of your doctors to refer you to a sleep clinic might help you?

Take care

Doug