diabetes and tattoos

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
hi,
ok so i was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes on th 17th of feb this year and i want to know if anybody knows whether it is safe to get a tattoo now or if not how long is it adviseable to wait im 20 years old and i just wanna express myself but i wont compromise my heath or my safty so any advise would be greatly apreciated as im new to this and i still feel lost.
also does anybody know wheather the are any long team effects of gliclazide as i feel dizzy still and i have blured vision but the doc assures me this is normal am i silly to worry ?
:?

Fuggsy

Dislikes
Being preached at about low carbing
I had a tattoo done, just a small Winnie the Pooh on my shoulder & I ended up in a mess as it went septic and I spent days in pain. Even though I kept it clean I would have been better not having it. Its lost a lot of colour due to the infection but I've decided to leave it alone rather than get it re done.
It doesn't mean that if you have a tattoo the same thing will happen to you.

You should find hopefully that your sight will improve when your bgs become lower but if you're worried see an optician

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
I have had a tattoo. I intend on having more. I think its just one of those things you have to be sensible about.
Your sugars under control
you feel healthy and good
you are able to look after the site and treat it properly whilst healing (this may mean can you reach it depending on where you have it done) my husband had to help me with mine as it is on my back.

and of course going to a reputable tattoo-ist. ask all the usual hygiene questions and check out their work and if you are not feeling comfortable, go else where.

I have read about people who are impatient and not all that healthy. not worth doing it then.
but then I guess any of us are able to get infections.... just be sensible and have fun! diabetes does not mean no tattoos!

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Angelbite,

Can't help you about the tattoos, but the difficulty you are having with your vision could be due to high blood sugar levels, or could be due to an eye problem. Why not make an appointment with an optician to get your eyes checked. Eye tests are free to diabetics.

Helenwales

I had a tattoo done for my 40th 2 years ago.
I had STATUS QUO done and quite big,
i was a fool as i heard being a diabetic it may not heal,
well 6 weeks later it was infected and not healing
i was so worried it did start to heal a few weeks later but very slowly
and it's a mess i will never have another tattoo done.
I am not sorry because i love the band so much and am very proud
and they said i was mad when i showed them . :roll: