Diabetes and Vitamin Supplements

Faye.smith28

Hello,

I am currently on the pill (Cerelle) and have been suffering with severe breakouts even at 27.

I have been reading about taking multi vitamins to supplement the natural vitamins the pill tends to stop.

I just wondered if there are supplements that affect diabetes (type 1) and that shouldn’t be taken.

At the moment I’ll looking into taking the following supplements to help my skin:

* Folate - vitamin B (not folic acid)
* Beef liver tablets (I’ve heard these are amazing for your skin)
* Holland and Barrets - hair, skin and nail tablets

Thanks for any advice in advance

SMS1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I'm a T2 though:Since being diagnosed, I have upped my vitamins exponentially. All the B's (B6 is good for skin) except for niacin.; CoQ10 tablets ( for skin) vitamin C, vitamin D3, collagen(I'm 58) Alpha Lipoic Acid, EPA and DHA (in fish oil-Omegas 3 -are quite good for skin) selenium and resveratrol . The dosages I've chosen to take after much online reading are quite high since I think that the medication I'm taking depletes the body of a lot of these and my skin is not great..

These are just what I take and don't know of any of which are not good to take for diabetes; maybe someone can tell us of some which are not beneficial? Please read up on or ask your GP about what I've written before taking any of these as we all have individual requirements that go with specific medications and I wouldn't want these to cause you any adverse medical reactions.

Last edited:

Reeker

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Insulin
My doctor suggested me to be very careful with the pills I take, no matter if it's medication or vitamins. That's why I get most of the vitamins from natural products

RachelK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Gastroparesis
I’m untyped.

Do you have a dietician you can work with? I only take a bunch of supplements because of gastroparesis making it difficult to eat sufficient nutrients at times.
The supplements I take always change because it’s very easy to overdo it with supplements which can do more harm than good.
The only one I consistently take is my multivitamin (Centrum Advanced) but I also regularly have Caltrate Bone & Muscle, fish oil, zinc, FerroGrad-C, Sodium Chloride tablets and magnesium.