Diabetes.co.uk Shop

UKS2000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty

Why it is that nobody seems to stock t- shirts up to 3XL (XXXL). I recently received an email advertising the Powered by Insulin t-shirts; I thought what a great idea. On investigation I discovered that they do not do anything bigger than 2XL (XXL) Rather disappointing I thought. When attending my local medical centre for my diabetes I note that 55% or more of fellow sufferers would be classed as of the larger size. I have tried writing to Diabetes.co.uk on more than one occasion on this subject but to no avail, never once have they bothered to reply. So technically a whole cross section of the diabetic community is denied the shirts just because we don’t fall into a certain category.. Sad really!!

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I never did get that free wrist band I selected when I signed up to the site. It was a great idea and is very high profile, but if it's simply a "sign up" gimmick you need to pull it and act responsibly and with integrity.

Anybody else had a similar experience?

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Why it is that nobody seems to stock t- shirts up to 3XL (XXXL). I recently received an email advertising the Powered by Insulin t-shirts; I thought what a great idea. On investigation I discovered that they do not do anything bigger than 2XL (XXL) Rather disappointing I thought. When attending my local medical centre for my diabetes I note that 55% or more of fellow sufferers would be classed as of the larger size. I have tried writing to Diabetes.co.uk on more than one occasion on this subject but to no avail, never once have they bothered to reply. So technically a whole cross section of the diabetic community is denied the shirts just because we don’t fall into a certain category.. Sad really!!

It makes you wonder doesn't it, also the wrist bands. The lack of customer care you received is quite frankly dreadful.
I bought my own wrist band for under £6.00.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, can't comment on the wristbands, or the sizes (although I have noticed that large sized t shirts are generally very hard to come by), but I DID want to say that I LOVE your avatar pic @UKS2000 :D

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
I signed up for my wristband too when I joined this site in Jan this year,never received mine either. Sometimes when I sign into this site there is a message on screen < Your order is on its way > what is going on? its been on its way for 6 months. Where they sending it from think its gone round the world a few times. :);):(:wideyed::confused:

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yup never got the wristband either ... but, I look upon the free advice and support received here as priceless so I can probably live without a wristband :)

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
No, no wristband for me neither. I've got a different complaint now about clothing, you can't seem to get medium T-shirts that are long enough or 30W/34L trousers anywhere. I'm not gloating, honest.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Another no-show. WHERES MY WRISTBAND?

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yup never got the wristband either ... but, I look upon the free advice and support received here as priceless so I can probably live without a wristband :)

Good point with which I totally agree:)

@Administrator, please sort this out for us your loyal and committed community....something in the system has slipped:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No, no wristband for me neither. I've got a different complaint now about clothing, you can't seem to get medium T-shirts that are long enough or 30W/34L trousers anywhere. I'm not gloating, honest.

Ha ha :) I bought trousers in the January sales that are now too big - one nice side effect of my diabetes diagnosis :)

Reactions: 2 people

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I went to local supermart to get a new pair of 32" jeans to replace the size 36" I had grown out of due to LC diet, and the smallest waistband they had in the store was 42". No kidding. They have restocked now.

Edited to remove identity of shop since this is unecessary free advertising

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
I went to Asda to get a new pair of 32" jeans to replace the size 36" I had grown out of due to LC diet, andthe smallest waistband they had in the store was 42". No kidding. They have restocked now, but it made me smile that the Frankenfood emporium could only accomodate beletubbies.
Ah, but that might mean they over-estimated the number of people wanting the bigger ones? Like the time I went to the Doc Martens factory outlet and they had whole shelves of very cheap shoes and boots, but only in size 9.

BTW, hate the word 'Frankenfood' - basically all of food sources aren't 'natural' anymore. Thankfully so in most cases, or you'd spend your entire life trying to grub together enough to eat.

UKS2000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I would just like to see more suppliers offering 3XL (XXXL) as a choice. Do they think that we larger people don’t want to be part of it? I would have liked one of the t-shirts, as would have fellow diabetic friends. I really thought we were moving away from the stereotypical body shape these days, but it seems not. I know that inside every large person is a small one battling to get out, some win the war, others have to compromise, and the rest of us, put up the white flag!

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I cant get anything much for 30in waist and stumpy legs, years ago I used to buy Farah, stopped as the weight went on as they really show the bumps. Farah now only offer trousers 32 - 64
Going to browse in Mothercare at the weekend :D

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ha ha :) I bought trousers in the January sales that are now too big - one nice side effect of my diabetes diagnosis :)

Haha...my new 30" jeans are getting slack...probs time to up the fat for me now:)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
No response from the top team about the questionable marketing:) ....anybody:)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I never did get that free wrist band I selected when I signed up to the site. It was a great idea and is very high profile, but if it's simply a "sign up" gimmick you need to pull it and act responsibly and with integrity.

Anybody else had a similar experience?

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Kevin - There is a thread on this already, but I'll tag @Giverny and @Administrator and hopefully they can help resolve you issue at least.