1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

diabetes insipidus or something else?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by vichithraveera, Oct 10, 2019.

1. vichithraveera

vichithraveera · Member

Hi,
    For years, ive been facing serious issues about that I have to frequently urination for about 12-15 times in a day and it is lot of volume each time and urine looks clear like water and tastelss.
    Some days I can be normal and go about 4 times a day and urine looks yellow and concentrated.
    I had all possible tests under the sky for diabetes, thyroid, kidney test, MRI of brain, Heart CT, Insipidus etc.
    Although I have symptoms same as diabetes insipidus, I believe the hormone is getting suppressed which is true in my case , but not because of an yissue in brain/hypothalamus. In my case, something is telling my body to produce less vasopressin.
    I don't know if it could be infections/ immune related issues or auto immune issues.
    Any replies will be of great help as I'm not able to function normally due to this.

2. Dark Horse

Dark Horse · Well-Known Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Postman 1969

Postman 1969 · Newbie

If you restrict you fluid intake you then become yer dehydrated and it becomes so bad after a time that you feel like your going to die . Any type of fluid intake is better than none .water from a toilet water from a vase with flowers in it ect you can survive with no fluid intake humiliation is understandable . But as a infant you dont know any difference

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook