Diabetes & Supplements

Mustafa Ahmed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
wrestling - boxing
I am diabetic for 11 years , recently i have gone to a gym so i decided to take supplement as " Up your mass " " No xplode " and so on ......
are these supplement will cause any harms to livre or kidny ?????

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Hi
Read the labels and look out for Carbs and Sugar, as both will push up your Blood Sugar levels.
They will cause a lot of harm to your wallet, as most are pretty costly ;)

Reactions: 2 people

Mustafa Ahmed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
wrestling - boxing
Firstly I would like to thank you for your informations
My goals is to build up muscles , but there are some problems as terrible exhausting during workout although i regulate my food
no much fats ........ etc
I AM DIABETIC TYPE ONE so i will be thin "symptoms of this type " , is it possible for me to build muscles during my working out or i will gain fitness only

lsingh

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Firstly I would like to thank you for your informations
My goals is to build up muscles , but there are some problems as terrible exhausting during workout although i regulate my food
no much fats ........ etc
I AM DIABETIC TYPE ONE so i will be thin "symptoms of this type " , is it possible for me to build muscles during my working out or i will gain fitness only

Hi

I am type 2 and have been body building for past 2 years not to get big but more defined. Be careful as alot of supplements have high sugar and if they do have low sugar they can be high in carbs. I keep a very low carb diet which is hard as I am also a vegetarian.

I recommend taking low carb whey protein - I use (SCIMX Ultra Whey, Myprotein IMpact Whey, Myprotein Bar Zero)

Myprotein bar zero is great only 2g carbs and 2g sugar in entire bar. Also not all fats are bad, and eat lots of greens veg.

Reactions: 2 people

mekalu2k4

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am taking b 12 to supposedly help my feet
Yes, this is important more than anything. Once folks start training harder, vitamin B in the body gets depleted at faster rates. Hence, we need to take vit B tabs, especially with thiamine, riboflavin etc. Zinc supplement is also great. I usually pop a polybion tab on every alternate day, especially on the day I do the workouts.