Diabetes Type 2 taking Cinnamon powder

FADM2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I drink warm lemon water every morning in empty stomach. lately, I've started to sprinkle little cinnamon powder on it. I have never tested my BS after drinking cinnamon-lemon water. However, couple of days after I've started the cninnamon, on the way to work (no breakfast), I was feeling nauseated and light headed. Instantly, I ate some food from my lunch box and felt better after few mins. I think my BS was too low.

daffy1

Dislikes
garlic, pubs
I haven't posted on here for ages, but read an item about cinnamon possibly aiding BG. I'd recently seen my DN and have had problems for the last year with high levels . She decided to change my mess from 3times a day to twice a day for 3 months with the warning that I may need insulin if the change doesn't work. when I read the article I thought well I've gotten cinnamon in so I made a drink with three quarters of a spoon in a cup of boiling water. An hour later my sugars had dropped from 15 to 7.5. Thinking it might be a fluke I kept on it three times a day for a week. And I had a definite lowering of my sugars. -after a week I thought I would look up the capsules and I read about the different kinds of cinnamon. You have to get a true Ceylon cinnamon , cinnamomum vernum. . I bought two months supply for £10 incl postage and my sugars are a steady 7. Also I have noticed that it seems to have curbed my appetite and I have lost 4lb in two weeks. . I am back at the diabetic nurse in sept and will keep it up til then. It may not work for everyone but it does seem to have helped me.

Fazzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cinnamon powder mixed in my green tea, I have seen a lower sauger effect but not what I expected according to the reviews. I have been on it for 2 yrs

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cassia cinnamon, the most common kind, contains coumarin which can damage the liver. The EU limit for cassia cinnamon for commercial bakeries is 50mg per kilo of pastry for traditional seasonal pastries and 15mg per kilo for everyday pastries. An article in the Guardian gave the tolerable daily intake as 0.1mg of coumarin per kilo of bodyweight.

I used it before discovering the info on coumarin and now buy Daylesford organic Ceylon cinnamon sticks from Ocado.

I tried ground cinnamon for three months and it didn't work as well as cider vinegar or lemon juice, for me.