diabetic app

kads333

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
why hasn't the app been made available for windows phone yet.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
why hasn't the app been made available for windows phone yet.
There are many apps aimed at diabetics, which app are you asking about?

Last edited by a moderator:

kads333

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
DCUK forum app says it available on apple phones and android phones but I own a windows phone so I'm a bit disappointed .

kads333

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yes as you can see available on iPhone and android but not windows phone why is this

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
so basically your saying I'm not worth it

You can use Tapatalk on Windows phone. I have never used the forum app and always used Tapatalk. On Windows phone i'd just use that.

And no, it's not that you're not worth it, it's simply that 0.7% of new phones sold are Windows phones. So very few people use it, which means that it doesn't have the same level of prioritisation as other platforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kads333

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
although windows phones are rare they use Microsoft operating system which is used in computers in all nhs hospitals so not making the app available is a no brainer in my eyes. Serve everybody or nobody is the moto I o by as I hate apple and in my eyes android are not that good but 97% of people will disagree me I can see that but feel like I'm being let down by the people who are supposed to there to help, and until somebody other than me figures that out I feel like this is a lost cause.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@kads333, whilst I agree hospitals use Microsoft, diabetes.co.uk is not part of the NHS so doesn't have an obligatory requirement regarding complying with NHS standards.

I've tagged @Giverny, one of the team that runs the forum, who will be better able to give you an idea for support of Windows phones.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
so basically your saying I'm not worth it
I did not say that you're "not worth it", those are your words not mine.
Here is a quote from a technical article that illustrates what I'm trying to say.................
"But while a scarcity of apps is the platform’s most monolithic hurdle, saying apps are the problem with Windows Mobile is a circular argument – there are no apps, because no one uses the phones, because there are no apps."
You can read the full text here if you wish.........................
http://thenextweb.com/opinion/2016/03/29/auto-draft-7/#gref

although windows phones are rare they use Microsoft operating system which is used in computers in all nhs hospitals so not making the app available is a no brainer in my eyes. Serve everybody or nobody is the moto I o by as I hate apple and in my eyes android are not that good but 97% of people will disagree me I can see that but feel like I'm being let down by the people who are supposed to there to help, and until somebody other than me figures that out I feel like this is a lost cause.
I use an S6 and with 4G I find it just as easy (if not easier) to use the full website, I never use the Android app'. For app' developers the situation is worsened by rumours circulating to the effect that MS might ditch the Lumia brand in favour of improving the Surface range of devices. Until MS give a clear statement of intent you cannot expect a large number of apps to be developed.

kads333

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yes Microsoft are dropping the Lumia name and bringing out three surface mobiles within 8months but still using the same os I've read up on it a bit

kads333

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
also there are well over a 125000 apps apple have about 300000 apps and android have about 600000 so to say ther are no apps is b s

mandy1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@kads333, whilst I agree hospitals use Microsoft, diabetes.co.uk is not part of the NHS so doesn't have an obligatory requirement regarding complying with NHS standards.

I've tagged @Giverny, one of the team that runs the forum, who will be better able to give you an idea for support of Windows phones.