Diabetic check

onlyme2000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a phone call from the drs about a diabetic check. Not with the practice nurse. What will happen

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
DRS normally do an annual check up anyway as well as your diabetic clinic..

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You should also get an annual eye check which would be done either at the opticians or the eye clinic at a hospital. But your question is rather vague so it's not really possibly to give you a proper answer.

Robbity

onlyme2000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am still unsure if I have a diabetic clinic. I been on the program to learn more. Two hcba1 check one eye check since being diagnosed sept ish last year. All the reception said can u come in for a diabetic check

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you had a foot check? That's usually done by your nurse.

RTobbity

onlyme2000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Practice nurse said if I am OK to do it myself then that's fine. Not that I know what to look for tbh. Also got a splinter in my foot I am trying to get out pharmacy recommended magnesium paste.

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I would think it will be with the practice nurse she will probably do a blood and urine test , check your feet blood pressure and weight, may nip in to see the doctor just to see how things are going , nothing to worry about tell her about the splinter as feet can be a problem.
Keep well stay safe JJ

onlyme2000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My drs only have one practice nurse and its not her. I asked. :/ I could had it Friday but might have wait for someone to do some maintance around the flat. I have to be here

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Medically at pharmacy etc they get extra cash from the government to do reviews for chronic illnesses like diabetes don't know if you all know tht