Diabetic courses

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just finished a course with future learn about diabetes. It's on line and free and run by Dundee University. I found it informative and helpful. Courses are at www.futurelearn.com.

I cant find the course, maybe it is only for a limited period like most of the interesting courses

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that useful link. I haven't found the diabetes thing yet, got a bit side tracked. Anybody for
Maths Puzzles: Cryptarithms, Symbologies and Secret Codes

I did this one a couple months ago - it was their first run at it that time. Sadly it was pitched a bit high in places for dumbos like me, who left school nearly 50 yrs ago & found it a bit hard going :D (though some people caught on quickly). The sharing/discussion aspect is very helpful, and brings people together, to help eachother - much like this forum does. But it was great fun - and I enjoyed it. I gather they were going to modify it for the next run after the pilot, so it should be a little different in content. If you enjoy maths & puzzles it will be right up your street. Go for it ...:)

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The Futurelearn programmes are great, I find, and what's more, they are all freely available provided you have a computer. If not, I guess someone could even access them from the local library - but I don't know if that's the case. Their philosophy seems to be one of "education for the world" - or something similar to that. I'm doing the Mindfulness course at the moment - finding it very helpful and useful info. What's also really good, is that the course info is open and available to you even after the course has finished. That's helpful for me, because I sometimes find that I can't keep up with the timeframes - I'm a bit behind at the moment, life and other things can get in the way occasionally - so I can catch up quite quickly later on. I can also go back to a course weeks later and re-look at all the content. There are even some people who are doing the course for their 4th time !

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Just signed up. Looks very interesting.